All Saints

Clocks went back an hour. Woke too early and dozed off. Up in good time left home 7.35 a.m. but on way to station in the car had to reverse up Dixon Road for a white van. Result missed train to Purley from where there was a bus replacement service. To Selhurst from Norwood Junction and to East Croydon. No trains to Purley so got bus 407. On organ at 9 a.m. Lourdes Gloria and Gathering not on sheet so did Murray. For all the saints cut to 5 verses and no procession. We sang "Holy is the true light" fairly well. I then started the communion hymn in D instead of F and realised on the second line so changed to F. I have never done that before. I think the travel disturbed my concentration. I played Howells Sine nomine and Flor Peeters well. Rehearsed for next 2 weeks. Never spoke to Jerry who had postponed meeting about Christmas because Anne Marie had a fall and broke her shoulder bone. Strangely Gisela had a fall off her bicycle and hurt her arm. Julie took posters and had done leaflets so they will be distributed widely I hope. In Waitrose a lady commented the choir was small so I told her about the initiative. I get a free coffee there, muuch better than the church coffee! 407 and 75 home. Result home at 1.30 p.m. A long morning. Pork for lunch very nice. It was not my finest hour but I am getting older! Watched Poldark and Victoria last episode. Lovely Mass at St John's with part of the Faure requiem. All black new vestments. I want white or gold for my funeral please! And I definitely want the Faure! In our day of thanksgiving always chokes me up - it brings back so many friends who have passed on. Let saints on earth also recalls Michael Fleming. Home to watch programme on Lear, antiques roadshow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil