Nicola Benedetti

Fr Jerry blessed chalk so we can write above our front doors 20+C+M+B+18 the year and the Magi Casper, Melchior and Balthazar. It also stands for Christus Mansionem Benedict "May Christ bless this house". He also gave us some lovely prayers to say as we do it. My hands were so cold today I found it hard to turn pages! Peregrine sang Three Kings beautifully. I played Buxtehude and Gade on How brightly shines. Also Andrew Fletcher on Was lebet one of my favourite hymns O worship the Lord. I have enjoyed serving and playing for the Epiphany 2018. For some reason we tend to be away for it e.g. Sydney 2017, India 2015 and 2013, and York Minster 2012. Tree and decorations down and put away. Cribs and dining room tree stay up until Candlemas. Stunning playing and musicianship from Nicola Benedetti with the London Mozart Players at St John's. Beethoven violin concerto and Coriolan overture. She signed my score. The rapport with the conductor a joy to watch. Lots of children there. Plainchant evensong and benediction. Michael Palin programme and Attenborough on ichthysaurus. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil