Holocaust

Played before funeral at Caterham. I only found out yesterday that I was glad and Stanford in G Nunc was to be sung by a professional group so by mutual agreement Laurence played. He was most impressed by the organ and my playing. I know, Faure Elegie, Thalben-Ball Elegy. Deceased was big in St John Ambulance so church full. Because of the change in funeral arrangements I was able for the first time to attend the Holocaust memorial day candle lighting and presentations by 4 schools and a survivor at Croydon Town Hall. It was most impressive and moving. Met the rabbi from Shirley, Rose from South Norwood, Irene Siepka and the Mayor. Excellent string quartet from Whitgift and a fine singer from Oasis Coulsdon. Programme on Rembrandt and otters. Long chat to Andy Pritchard. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil