Back to normal

Played Dad's Bishopthorpe suite composed 2 Aug 1994, adagio from Elgar cello concerto and Thiman's Postlude on Harwood's Thornbury. At communion I improvised on Amazing grace as Fr Charles Bradshaw spoke about Newton and showed us a bracelet which was the price of a young slave. Quite shocking. He also brought a 1200 year old cross and ancient Chiro oil lamp and a crucifix made from the tree Argentine Bishop crashed into. I was warmly welcomed back by several members of the congregation. Death cafe was as always very interesting and I raised the issue of preparing children and also how family occasions bring back so many happy memories.Liz went to prom and I listened in and watched Antiques roadshow.
Back to mosaic and Balham library to get scores. The shelves are in such a mess. It is pot luck but I found 4! My first prom this season Benvenuto Cellini chorus having a ball. Hard to follow miniature score in the gallery gloom! Good to see friends again and James Shirras on the bus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil