St Michael

Dreadful deluge. St Michael and all angels so we sang David Thorne's attractive setting of "God that madest earth and heaven". I played Willan and Thalben-Ball on Darwall's 148th and Hymne d'action de grace Te Deum of Jean Langlais which was much appreciated. It was Dad's FTCL piece and I often turned for him and I am using his copy. We heard about water projects in Uganda and relief for the Nepal earthquake from Alicia from International Funds UK. I forgot diary, coffee flask and fruit this morning but at least I had The Tablet to read and Organisms. Langlais told a master class "The trouble with you English organists is that you want to play ALL the notes".
Watching Songs of Praise 10 top favourite hymns. 10. I the Lord of sea and sky (individualistic) 9. Be still for the presence of the Lord. 8. Amazing grace. 7. Guide me O thou great redeemer. 6. I vow to thee my country. 5. Abide with me. 4. Dear Lord and Father. 3. In Christ alone. 2 How great thou art. 1. Jerusalem!!!

What happened to The day thou gavest which used to be so popular? Why oh why does SOP have to present hymns as solos? And many of the soloists are not great singers! They are for communal singing!
More SOP. So a helter skelter in Norwich cathedral helps you see the roof bosses? I wonder! Nice to see the Dean who I knew at the Abbey.
One of my directees shared this about prayer as a simple mantra to use.
I am here
You (God or another) are here.
Sorry
Thanks.
Help.
Antiques roadshow, Bake off, Sanditon. 
Liz served at migrants mass with the Cardinal who wrote a good article on the Bible in The Tablet. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil