Painting

Clearing and cleaning study prior to set up to paint. The light up there is great! That well known hymn comes to mind "Dust of ages left for me, let me write my name in thee". Various baby bits moved to landing to be handed on when all this is over. Call to wife below. "I found a mouse!" Mrs Glum "What.........!" "Old computer mouse, silly". Old radio had it. Luckily St John's hospice returned the one Liz Woodhouse bought for John East (they were supposed to keep it. No radio 3 on their TV system). So now Schubert and Mahler. Our Lady in oils (Ian would be horrified). I have the two portraits to work on as well. Old radio chucked and started using the one we took to the hospice for John East. The Tablet just rang to say I had won the crossword competition. My 4th time! My trip to the Post box was my last time out apart from the garden. You tube has a modern production of Madam Butterfly from Swedish opera. It struck me how "Me too" it was with Butterfly pinned to the floor by Pinkerton and a clear comment on American colonialism. Great singing as well. I first saw this opera aged 10 and was so distraught I had to be taken out. I sang Goro at Redhill and spent the whole time in the wings. The whole cast sang the humming chorus! I am also reminded of the Catholic funeral when a tape of that chorus was played at communion!!! Gary Sieling reminded me of a staff member who was always ringing in sick. She had a horse and various pets. I went into the boss's Chris Lally office and said "Ann rang in sick. The rabbit committed suicide". It took him a while to twig..
Thursday posted Pange lingua recordings on Facebook. Mass from Clifton cathedral, Angela Tilby from Portsmouth cathedral leading morning prayer most sympathetically. More painting of the three faces. Phillipe is out of hospital - he had the virus. St John's sent us palm crosses in the post - we will put greenery on our front door.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil