The cruise

Friday 10th July I got cross with the Uber driver as he took us to the wrong side of Penge East station. Eventually he did take us to the right side and we paid slightly more. Bth trains were delayed but we had assistance. Taxi to ocean terminal All went smoothlyand we ate at the Lido. Our cabin is on Beethoven deck 4 and we have a balcony. Near the front of the ship. Cases only came at 6. Catholic prayer Fr Arthur Lee secretary to the Cardinal in Toronto does not have permission to celebrate Mass so rosary. Paolo and fmaily from Mexico. Latte and watched ship leave Dover  to get i. Canadian couple. Liz got spa passes for the whole trip. Class act very good. 

 Liz has it but I don't when on ship. Sail away champagne at sea view pool. Catholics discussed St Benedict his saint's day. Mariners reception welcome aboard ship. Vivace strings. 

Sunday Catholic prayer but no Mass. Breakfast in cabin at 7. Spa. Lido lunch. Art studio watercolours. Vivae strings played Haydn and opera. Missed interdenominational service. Captain's welcome exc show. Dining room met Ray and Sylvia from Winnipeg. Lovely chat Met Dutch lady.

Monday South Queensferry tender Great views of the Forth bridges. Uber to HMY Britannia which we loved. Tea service was slow. 2 and half hours fascinating. 2 buses back in time despite traffic. Tricky walk down stairs from Dalmelly station (later I complained) some railings missing and uneven steps through woodland. 2 Vivace sessions. Prawn and salmon. The show was an Irish comedian I dropped off! 

Tuesday Tai chi 8am very good. Stagecoach from Invergordon to Inverness £2 each. Florist in town then bus to Kenleaven cemetery.LOng walk to office but lady there was very helpful so walked back to Peter Simpson's grave. Liz had spoken to a widower tendidn his wife's grave and he gave us a lift to Inverness cathedral where the receptionist remembered Peter. Tea at Palace hotel. Prayer at 5. Spa then couples massage which was excellent deep tissue. Sold us a load of stuff which I cancelled. Too late for Lido and dining room said we could not wear shorts so got pizza at pool side.Show not good. 

Wed Stornaway lovely day up to 80 degrees! More people at tai chi. A long coach drive to St Cuthbert's church which was interesting then to a beach -Liz did not walk there. Guide good. Luch at Tarbut hotel then nothing to do for 1 and half hours. Even tea place shut so had tea back at the hotel. Photostop on way back. They should cut the shopping time and take us to the stones. Vivace Schumann and Brahms. Liz watching England v Argentina I was in the spa which was very quiet. England lost. 

Thursday Tai chi Dutch lady said I was very good and professional! Bus to town. I walked up to the museum which was interesting. Chess men from British museum. Taglann nan Eglian. Free church communion token. Staff very helpful. Tea. Taxi back to town. Liz went to Harris Tweed and a concert in the Town hall. I sketched some yachts in the harbour bus queue was long. Texas lady kept my place as I sat down. Lunch pear and brie. Spa Lido dinner. Show Sing 4 good singers. Lido play games -one guy got somany raffle tickets no wonder he won prizes. Vivace Beethoven and movies. To Tamarind to book and walked sun deck as sun was going down. 

Friday tai chi Arrived Belfast 11 a.m. Uber to Titanic museum. Sue and her sister from Dallas came with us. Started with the boat that took people to Titanic - original loo! Fantastic museum and amazing ride through the steelworks. Moving end what a tragedy. Vivace 2 French sets. Dinner at Tamarind was excellent. South Asian. No spa! 

Sat tai chi I am feeling more steady being upright for half an hour. Coach to Stirling and taxi to Holy Rood church which I visited when I was 12. Corneille hall for tea and sandwich. Taxi back to the coach. It's very steep! Falkirk wheel an amazing feat of engineering and we saw the base of the Kelpies from the coach. Spa. Vivace Mozart and Chopin. Scotland show packed so went to second show. Discussed Lewes and booked Train to Dungeness with dinner. World cup.

Sunday tai chi. Interdenominational service sang 2 hymns. HYmnbook has different tunes. Ps 61 meditation but he never read the psalm right through! Spa Lido salad. Vivace Dvorak and American. Show was Shirley Godfrey flute. 10 apotrophers missing and spelling mistakes. WHy deperssing choices of music requiem Titanic? Dining room Antarctic queen fish. World cup final. 

Monday tai chi (I never got to swim in the Lido pool - full of kids) Liverpool best tour. Steam train 20 minutes then steamer across Lake WIndermere to Bowness. LOvely day. Road train to car park and back! Tea brie and cranberry roll. Old Port house cafe. Stephen Garcia very funny magician. Spa. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clergy supper and outreach at Coulsdon

Guernsey 2