Cello

Saturday took snacks to work and enjoyed the doughnuts! It was quite quiet and the park very pleasant. Lots in The Tablet again! At the choir meeting we did discuss discipline again and I pointed out that I did not always hear what people said and this could be worrying for me. I do rely on people asking to repeat sections if I am singing as well as playing. I should do most of the talking any way.
To Vespers on High altar and Mass followed by procession to end Quarant'Ore. Liz was thurifer and I was acolyte - my candle went out in Ambrosden Avenue. Hugely amused by David's head popping up over the playground wall. Excellent singing from the Oratory school schola - Langlais Messe solennelle and Mendelssohn Lauda Sion and Cibavit. Home late and Liz went to Lerone's party in Streatham.
Sunday choir sang well Gibbs 3 part setting and Attwood "Teach me O Lord". I went to cello and piano recital by David Tabbat and Guy Middlemiss - delightful Schumann, Faure, Ravel and Gaspar Cassado. Vickie turned over - 35 there. Strawberry tea. David knew about Cassado - he fell out with Casals. Raphael Sanvicens named his son after him. Casals taught Cassado but the latter supported the Fascists - Menuhin got them to reconcile after the war. We spoke about Wagner and Bayreuth. David has been to the homes of Ravel and Berlioz. Home to watch Cardiff singer of the world. The Russian soprano was a worthy winner but loved the Czech bass and the Ukrainian male soprano! Not so keen on the Japanese soprano and the young Italian tenor will go far. Watched South Pacific and some of the incredible journey about anthropology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil