Oasis

Another warm day so at lunchtime walked to St Mary's to find out where their oasis garden is. A code is needed and I met John Rattray in the street who told me how it works! I need another pair of sandals but there is no shoe shop in Balham. I did enquire in the picture framers about estimates. I am planning to alternate pictures in the lounge - change one each month as we have so many! Spoke to all staff on duty. To St Anselm Tooting - Nigerian priest going back to Rome so he got a clap. It's the first sign of celebration I have seen at this Mass which is deadly dull. I could not hear the prayers at all. Philhomena was there and reported she had seen Doris who has had bone marrow transplant. Listened to Dr Who prom which included for some unknown reason Walton's Portsmouth Point overture. Much of the Dr Who music sounds like Merlin - the kids were enjoying it. The Proms message board had some rude remarks about dumbing down but I see no harm in it. In the course of the evening Holst, Orff, Wagner were all played. London Philharmonic choir were singing - at least they get a Prom! Swept the patio as Liz had tidied the garden and despite the lovely weather we have not sat out there at all this summer. We can now do so. The beans are enormous and the baskets are looking lovely. Liz came home just after me and Bishop John had said the Mass. He was in the same class at English college as Robin who I met on Wednesday. Woke early again and searched for Dad's Bishopthorpe suite - when I find it I must copy it! The itinerary for Oberammergau has come and their are some changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil