Emmaus centre

I had a swim on Monday (26) and left Liz working in the garden. Drove to West Wickham and the centre is in a beautiful spot. A large and small chapel, comfortable but not en suite accomodation and excellent food. I found the company most stimulating e.g. a fascinating discussion with a young Muslim woman about marriage and the veil. I also tried out my essay questions on several people. It was particularly good to see and hear from Sayed Ali and Fr Rizwan. Dr Datta from the Women's interfaith network was a bit overbearing I thought. I did not sleep well but finished Deborah Moggach's delightful book "These foolish things" which was much better than the film. Much had been altered for the film "The best exotic marigold hotel". There was time for a walk in the rose garden and woodland and This was valuable as we were challenged about motivation and ego by Ajmal Masroor and Revd Dr Toby Howarth, advisor to the Archbishop of Canterbury.The final part on Near neighbours was less relevant. I also had a stimulating discussion over breakfast about anti-Olympics feeling with 2 from the East End! The workshop with Catriona was valuable and Rashid said he would come to the next group meeting as I really want to get dialogue going. Drove to Selhurst and took books back to the library and then on to Acton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil