Provincial President's Sunday

To Otford and found the church without a problem. A Roland keyboard which had organ and piano sounds. Rehearsed with choir from Erith directed by Christine. The priests were late so I played Elgar Chanson de matin and some Stanley. Leonard Cohen Alleluya and Haas setting. Oh happy day was Ok despite the choir singing one harmony against what I was playing. I finished with Pomp and circumstance No. 1 but had to stop for more announcements and then restart. Liz and Luis served. To a school playing field in Sevenoaks for Pimms, nice picnic and cream tea. People enjoyed the Mass and the music. We sat with John and Linda Carton. I did a sketch. Came home via Otford and Shoreham. Too late for evensong and played some Dvorak on the piano. Watched "The Night watch" based on Sarah Waters book. Germany won the World Cup not that I'm bothered. Sorted Proms scores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil