Ash Wednesday

To Tamar's and Seán singing the African song! We went to Kew to see the lovely orchids and I saw a couple I used to know at Battersea Park library. We had lunch "sharing is caring" says he! He had the playground to himself and Climbers and Creeper. I said 5 minutes. When we were leaving he said I didn't get my 5 minutes! When he went down the slide again I found a Crunchie in the buggy pocket. He said "Where did you get that?" That would be telling says I. We arrived at school to find Liz and Ciaran had gone. I went to St John Caterham to play for the 7.30 service. Took 90 minutes on trains and I was early. Small elderly choir but a fine 3 manual. I know Jill Caudle from 10 pin bowling and Anne-Marie Garton from spiritual direction is the vicar's wife. Back at Acton by 10.30. Walked to school for Year 1 assembly which was sweet. Be still and Ciaran reading very well. I went to art. Watched Father Brown and Story of China. To Stratford to see fabulous Jonas Kaufman singing Puccini from La Scala. Amazing to think I sang there twice. Chat to Ann. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil