Good Friday

Played for 3 hours Good Friday at St John Caterham. The meditations from the crib to the cross with pictures were beautiful and so different from the preaching on the 7 words from my youth! I particularly liked the prayers which I did not know and seeing Cana, Jerusalem and the Oberammergau scene again. Brought back many wonderful memories. Now watching the BBC programme about Judas. 
"O Lord Jesus, I will embrace you who became a little child for me. In my weakness I clasp you who became weak for me. A mere man, I embrace the God made man, the God Who became a man as poor as I am, and came into Jerusalem seated on a humble donkey. I embrace you, O Lord, because your lowly state is my greatness, and your weakness is my strength. The foolishness of God is my wisdom." St Aelred of Rievaulx. We sang Is it nothing to you unaccompanied but the sopranos seemed unsure despte there being 4 of them. Psalm 22 went well. Listened to concert from King's and part of St John Passion conducted by Harnoncourt on TV, Delicious hot cross buns and snapper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil