Great music

Played Michael Fleming's variations on Noel nouvelet and Slater Easter Alleluia. We sang "Sing God's Easter people sing" arranged John Barnard. Also Christopher Jones' splendid hymn "Faith overcomes" to Highworth by Terry - I think his widow lives locally. Also "O food of pilgrims" to the sublime Innsbruck. After 2 years I again found time to go through the organ music left by a predecessor and found some goodies. It does seem strange that he left all this music which is valuable. I seem to inherit organ music Dad, Alan now Paul and interesting the similar repertoire lots of Bach, English and French, Buxtehude. Enjoyed Rejoice in the Lamb from Norwich cathedral choral evensong. Well done Guildford for choral evensong for St Mark. I remember that hymn from my childhood at St Mark's Yeoville. Simon Schama brought Civilisations to a fine end. The Durrells excellent. I had not seen Wilkie Collins as a feminist - Woman in White episode 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil