Dad

I played Dad's Bishopthorpe suite, Adagietto from Mahler Symphony No. 5, Elgar Ave verum, Richard Knight on Duke Street and 2 short interludes to cover to and from the font for the baptism. Service was rather long. The congregation seemed reluctant to leave perhaps because of the rain. At the offertory the hymn was announced so I started then was asked to start again!? Speak O Lord. That has to be a first although once at a wedding the priest cut On eagle's wings after the first verse. At communion I did not hear much singing in Be thou my vision but One more step at the end was obviously known. I look forward to getting hearing aid mould 2 on Tuesday. Relying on one ear is not great and the loop seemed indistinct - perhaps the lapel mike was too low down? Also if the celebrant adds in comments it means you have to listen hard! The Tablet has an interesting article on the art works at Lichfield cathedral where Ian Knowles and his team are creating a beautiful crucifix.
Heard part of the excellent Edington festival evensong. Reenacted interview with Bernstein. The sound of a orchestra Prom featured chords and sections with film of Lenny and even Henry Wood. It was a bit frustrating when final chords did not happen. Second half we got full movements Debussy, Wagner, Egmont. Adrian and I enjoyed conducting. I think I have a Ligeti allergy! Watched Proms plus and Fake or fortune on Toulouse-Lautrec. On the town on TV was great! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil