Flor Peeters

Just caught the train back as we had a Baptism. Had no warning of it! I accompanied the anthem Let all mortal flesh arr Sir Stephen Cleobury on the organ as we had 3 strong singers. Flor Peeters fest Prelude on Innsbruck, lovely tune, Canzona and Ciacona dedicated to my friend Ralph Downes. They went well as I had played them in Jersey. No mention of St John Henry Newman canonised today in Rome but I played the tunes Gerontius and Shipston! Also practised Prelude and angel's farewell from Dream of Gerontius for next Sunday. Love that so much. Drove to Acton - still wet. Lovely birthday lunch roast belly of pork. Prosecco and Liz had ordered a delicious cake. Drove back with Bruce at a slow pace. Claire came to talk about Doterra and I fell asleep. Took her home. Watched Sanditon. Bruce up early tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil