Disaster
Had a disastrous day. Could not find one hearing aid (it was in the bin), knocked the car against a stupid pavement in the middle of Crystal Palace parade (cannot be fixed before the 26th - the car is juddering and no loan car available before Sept 1 - why pay for this insurance if you cannot have the help you need?) When I got to carers meeting (which was very helpful) my drink container from the cruise fell out of my bag, the top came off and the entire drink hit the carpet! I did get 3 canvases at the Works (the Whitgift centre is a desert) and pay in a cheque at the counter at Nationwide as the machine refused to take it because there was writing on the back of the cheque. Sorry from tomorrow it's Ubers and buses! Liz went to weaving.
Tuesday 18th was much better. Rang Honda as back passenger left tyre flat - it had a split. AA breakdown came for the car. To Unacc as potential sponsor came. Marie does seated yoga and exercises - better than Triniti. Had a nice lunch. Chat to Clare was very helpful. To Prom. The concerto for three percussionists and orchestra seemed to have no structure or tunes! Shos 10 orchestra seemed to hang fire exceot the fast bits. We got there Uber train and bus. A hour to get home. Sewing Bee and Minnie went.
Wednesday 19th chat to Ann, Swim went on 2 buses. Collected car went bus, train and bus 1 and a half. Had to go back to Honda to get audio working! Glyndebourne Prom Ariadne auf Naxos.Could not hear well first half O circle so steward gave us tickets for J stalls which was 100% better. Man at end of row said "I did not see you pass me earlier" What a cheek! I replied that we had just been given the tickets upstairs. Zerbinetta brilliant in fact all were very good. Nice to see Peter Tyler, Keith Wray and Susan Edison. Bacchus's costume did him no favours!
Thursday 20th up early again. To Kwik Fit for 8.30 and very impressed by the service and equipment. Rear right tyre not aligned so another £75. Swam 20. Picture framer put back to next Wed. Practised and Liz went shopping at M and S. Did a lot of painting on John 1 looking good. Books for course suggestions. Booked SM lectures. To SJ for Tim Harper's recital. Good to see Dave West again. Richard Pilliner was odd! Eclectic programme. Liked the Perrin, Buxtehude and Holst Moorside suite arrangement. Not so keen on the Franck and Messiaen I managed to bring 2 incorrect scores but at least the Bach was correct. Cheered Dennis up!
Friday 21st woke very early again. To UNacc and pleased I could do all the standing exercises. Did not stay for lunch as we had a big Thai meal in the evening. To Grandcafe to meet Craig and had a lovely long chat. Painting 1 is nearly finished - all lettering done and started on painting 2 but I found my hand was unsteady so I stopped. Catching up on Proms.
Saturday SM Cath was good. Hurtado problems so only stayed for 30 mins. SM Maddie's good letter. In the middle of the breakout with Cath I was on my phone and somebody about HR rang me so lost zoom. Had a chat in waiting room to lady who did not know about Sat at 8 a.m.! Back in room I jumped ahead on wonderings but no problem. Booked WC and cinema. Painting 2 coming on well. Unimpressed by Angel Blue's vibrato at Prom with Chineke - diction is terrible! At Mass Living Lord and I tried to keep speed up in Will you come and follow me? but it's exhausting! Rang Tina Bagatti - she is out on Sundays. Washed kitchen floor
Sunday up early. R4 service from Edinburgh festival chorus. o St James Riddlesdown celebrating St Bartholomew. Played Willan on Miles lane, RVW Hyfrodol, Elgar Pomp and circumstance No 4 and Gary Sieling’s brilliant Toccata and fugue in D minor which was much enjoyed. Gary apologises to Bach, Liszt and Mancini but he has no need to do so. It’s a brilliant piece and very clever and fun! Painting 2 nearly done apart from John and some touching up. Looks great next to painting 1. Enjoyed BBC singers Gateshead concert but what has happened to the Proms before July 24 on BBC sounds. They are supposed to be there for 30 days ? I thought that was thirty days after the end of the season?? Caught up on most of the Proms I wanted to hear. Fell asleep during the Piano final. I don;t understand the premise of this programme. Is it to find an excellent pianist or is it about wallowing in peoplle's problems? Why do they allow singers? Because of Mika.
Comments