Fidelio

Swam as usual 40 and 36. I then went straight to the Cadogan Hall for run-through of "Fidelio" arriving late but not too late to sing! Back to work and then back for the performance. Why we were called so early is beyond me as the dressing room was too small and there was nowhere to sit. The performance was splendid with Elizabeth and all the soloists on great form and Madeleine conducting brilliantly. The chorus sang well although I think the last part of the Prisoners chorus should have been softer.
Home on bus and train and chatted to some people from Battersea I know.
Wednesday chat to Ann and then to library to move the fiction round with Francis, Wisdom and Urbain. All done in 90 minutes and looking good. Home to discuss holidays. To interfaith group. I was late as there was a fatality at Thornton Heath so ended up on buses! Amina Hassan a SOmali Muslim spoke really well and answered questions. 14 there which is great. To Gandhi Hall for assessment with Edward. In the end Liz persuaded me to sing "Kashmiri song" rather than "I hear you calling me" and all went well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil