Lunch in Hammersmith

At church we sang Shaw in C minor in 3 parts and a lovely setting by Anthony Greening of Bourgeois' "Virgin-born we bow before thee" also one verse of "O thou who at thy Eucharist didst pray" as I rather felt the week of prayer for Christian unity had been downplayed. The booklet this year is excellent and I used one of the prayers at the interfaith group. I played Walther's partita on "Jesu meine freude" and Isobelle was baptised. To my surprise Vickie again included the Gloria (Peter Jones) and the service was an hour. Molly doing well and I practised Bach and Flor Peeters - I am playing several of his pieces next month. The organ recital at Beckenham is sensibly changed to the 7th at 3 p.m.
Picked up Dennis and Grandma and to the Thatched house which is excellent and very child friendly. Ciarán was on good form. Had roast beef and sticky toffee pudding with white wine. What a treat! Took Christmas presents back to Acton and brought back stuff to store at Grandma's. Dennis got train back to Burnley.
Watched Antiques roadshow, Lark rise and Island parish. Have been thinking a lot about Balham and my overfull diary - some things will have to go!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil