Bill Beach RIP and the Sixteen

To Old Coulsdon for the funeral of Bill Beach who was 96 and 29 years secretary of Norwood circle. A good turnout. Daniel got me to turn over in the first hymn "Praise my soul" and we had "Love divine" to Blaenwern. No other music apart from organ so rather a plain Mass with no incense or server. Kevin read a lesson and Fr Bliss did the eulogy/homily. Kevin embraced me afterwards and Liz helped with tea at Bill's house. I walked down to Coulsdon South and was at Balham by 12.30. Went looking for plug covers and bought some plastic crates. Several queries kept me busy all afternoon and I finally left at 5.30. Sandwiches left from funeral at home and then to Croydon parish Church for the concert of Tudor music by the Sixteen. We sat at the back and could not see much but the sound was superb. Byrd, Tallis and Shephard and introduced beforehand. Most of Croydon's musicians were there. It was David Squibb's funeral today - I never met him alas. Liz saw Ian who sings alto in the Sixteen and at the cathedral. I chatted to Terence and Adrian and we saw Penny and friends from Cantemus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil