Unhappy

Colin was supposed to give me a lift to council but had another meeting and forgot to tell me. I got there in time in our car but knocked my beer over when Declan arrived - I got up to let him in. I was also grumpy with Philip and Jim! Thursday was election day so I was up early to vote at the Polish hall and so no swim. The library hall was being used as a polling station and with all the activity I forgot Andrew Green was coming. I'm not sure of the purpose of his visit but it did not inspire. I worked until 8 and Bruce and Dennis spent the evening at the hospital as Grandma was in the stroke unit. There had been trouble with the care manager wanting her to go to Mayday's new unit which is not on. Fell asleep watching results in an extraordinary election and woke to find Martin Linton had lost Battersea. Whatever one may think of his politics, he was a good M.P. now replaced by some unknown Tory. A hung parliament could give the Lib Dems the chance to improve our ridiculous electoral system for good. No swim Friday and on to 6 - did more weeding and admin. To practice and only 5 there so very difficult to do the Gibbons and Croft. Came home to find BBC4 not on for recording Young Musician and Gareth Malone on sea shanties. Tired out. Dennis asleep on settee. Bruce has gone home. They have been very good. Bill Beach died and his funeral is next Friday - he was an wonderful person. He was 96.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil