Pentecost

To the tip on the way to church to dump old compost. As I had my newly cleaned best suit on I donned an apron - there were 2 long queues of cars so I was a little delayed but picked up 2 ladies for church at bus stop as a result. I played Wyton and Thiman on Veni creator and we sang "Spirit of the living God" as an introit. Come down O love divine, Breathe on me Breath of God, O thou who camest and There's a spirit in the air. Veni creator at communion followed by Alan Smith's "Like the murmur". Straight to cathedral for 12.1 5 confirmation with Archbishop Vincent. Liz read the sequence very poetically and a splendid homily without notes. Stunning improvisations from Edward Tambling on Veni creator and I thought Mahler's Adagietto was creeping in too - mind you I am worrying that my copy of that is lost which I need next month! Come down O love divine, Breathe on me, O bread of heaven and Love divine. Lourdes Mass is a little tedious. Reception in the hall and we got a lovely photo of the 2 of us. To Sainsbury's with Mark and a delightful picnic on the terrace with Fr Michael. To the hospital and Bruce met us there. Grandma seemed rather low and uncomfortable - a new feed in her nose and a saline drip. A glorious day again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil