Thomas Campion

Two Bookes of Ayres:
The First Booke
XI.
by Thomas Campion.


Neuer weather-beaten Saile more willing bent to shore,
Neuer tyred Pilgrims limbs affected slumber more,
Than my wearied spright now longs to flye out of my troubled
brest :
O come quickly, sweetest Lord, and take my soule to rest.

Euer-blooming are the ioys of Heau'ns high paradice,
Cold age deafes not there our eares, nor vapour dims our eyes :
Glory there the Sun outshines, whose beames the blessed
onely see ;
O come quickly, glorious Lord, and raise my spright to thee.

We sang this at Coulsdon and I played Howells Psalm Prelude Set 1 No. 2 and Walton's Crown Imperial. Frankie (odd name) was baptised complete with dummy! Vintage car run this morning. Catenians were at Cathedral Mass.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil