This is my friend

At the sharing yesterday I found myself speaking about Jesus as my friend and how love is at the centre of my faith. Love of God, love of Liz and the family, love of friends and community - I think was well-named as St John so often writes about love. The lady I was sharing with suddenly burst into song when we shared with the whole group - a song I didn't know about how God holds us fast. I could have responded with "My song is love unknown" "This is my friend in whose sweet praise I all my days would gladly spend" or "Friend and brother may I know thee more clearly, follow thee more nearly and love thee more dearly day by day."
I was amused that Jerry the choir leader at Heythrop left the room before the session saying it was too scary.I hope it wasn't scary - I think everyone contributed in the one to ones and lots of people spoke int he general session. It was so interesting that my Jewish friend and I have had similar journeys growing up in a tradition and having to find our own faith within that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil