Bevis Marks synagogue

Woke and dropped off so no swim. To Bevis Marks synagogue with South London interfaith group - interesting building and some interesting comments on Buddhism from the guide! Mojews are American Jews who embrace other faiths? To St Etheldreda's to hear from a kindertransport survivor - it was her 88th birthday!. I would have liked to have asked her if her faith sustained her as she lost most of her family. She came to England aged 14 and remained independent. I came home and Liz went to Acton. Did some work and listened to Shostakovich 10 from the Proms conducted by Petrenko. I see he stood in for Colin Davis to conduct Elgar 1! To Southfields gallery to see Andrea Leila Brown's amazing work. I liked the shells one but some of her stuff is over the top. Most of the mosaic class were there and Mary introduced me to Ann wife of the curate at All Saints Tooting. I mentioned Rosa Cook who was church warden there and worked at Balham music library with me. She has just died aged 90 and her funeral will be Nov 1. Also chatted to Jane Cooper who was Wandsworth mayor last year and a champion of libraries. I will miss John Arundel's funeral on Tuesday which is a shame. Watched Emperor concerto from Leeds played by the winner who is 24 and Italian. Watched Come dine with me and QI. Ashley asked for volunteers for Heythrop team for University challenge. Would a 66 year old be allowed? Those who passed on Helios numbers only 2 merits 1 distinction (bet that's Luke!) Gabriela passed. We have to wait for results in the post next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil