Cambridge

We set off and parked as near to Norwood Junction as possible. Got train and waited at Liverpool street. Only £3.75 return slower but cheaper and bought in advance! Bus into town. Only 2 scholars appeared today. At Emmanuel (visited before) and then to Queens' where Nick Morris demonstrated the very loud Binns and I played Moore. 17 in the party including the talkative Michael Cooke! Michael Toplis tended to hog it a bit. To Trinity Hall (visited before) and you go up a back staircase in the next court to reach the loft! Lunch was hopeless and Liz brought my pizza to the next venue Christ's where the porter simply handed me a vestry key and gave no clues. Eventually I found the right door behind a curtain. This is a lovely mellow organ.Had I know Sidney Campbell was a fellow here I would have brought some of his music!  On to Peterhouse where I again played some Couperin. Barry Ferguson based organ pieces on the lovely stained glass here. Another fine instrument and then to St Catherine's where we saw the wedding party in fancy dress. More Couperin and a fine stained glass window and booklet about it by Thomas Denny. Liz went to have tea and cake with Mgr Mark Langham. Last stop Magdalene where Rafi Colman greeted us and I was first on - very strange vox humana in Couperin. Walk to OLEM for mass and the organ well played including Howells. Very nice meal at local Greek restaurant and bus to station and home by 11.15 after a good day! Lovely weather too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil