David Coffey

Brendan picked me up at 9.30 and Mike Nestor. We got to the church in Hartley in time for the funeral at 10.30. The church is thatched and small so there was a marquee with screens for us to follow. I had offered to play but the choir did well - some of the items were a bit naff especially Walk with me O my Lord at communion. Psalm and ordinary were all said - why when the choir coped well with hymns? Fr Saba did well and there was a moving amusing tribute to David from his daughter. John and Anne Rayer were present - about a 100 Catenians in all! We walked a mile to the cemetery and sang Praise my soul and Amazing grace there. Then same walk back to the car and to Hartley country club for a very nice lunch. Had a chat to Mrs Foley about the problems at Seale where the diocese is not supporting them in the plan to build a new church due to lack of finance! Home by 4 and watched Antiques roadshow and Story of the Jews. Brendan picked me up at 7.30 and to Beckenham meeting where John was enrolled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil