Library of congress

To the stunning library where we tagged onto a group to oversee the reading room. A woman said "I am not sure they are with this group" to which I retorted "Tough we want to see it and I am fed up of being told what to do". The endless security gets to you after a bit! Also I want to go home! Elisa would not agree to us leaving our bags in the apartment. We visited the Folger Shakespeare library and saw the First Folio but disappointed not to see more. The heraldry and figurines did not compensate and the short video told me nothing new. I must say the screens in the Library were brilliant and we saw displays on the Bibles, Civil Rights Act and early Americas and amazing maps.Got the subway and 5A bus to Dulles. No choice but to check in as nothing in first part of airport but now online and had hamburger and fries from 5 guys - very good! Arrived at airport 3 p.m. flight due 10 p.m. We are premium economy and may be upgraded as 12 overbooked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil