Poulenc

When I went to the open garden at Burbage Road the lady serving tea greeted me by name and I did not at first recognise her. It was Cindy Kennett who used to sing in the chorus. Of course her hair has changed! She said Janet her great friend has alzheimer's in Nottingham. I met her sister (whose house it was) and the wife of Aziz who sang bass. Small world! It wasn't long before the name of Giulini was mentioned! Funeral went well. If I had known Jill was a ballet teacher I might have played something different! Finished with CD of The Swan. Jeremy Lloyd played well at Cornhill especially the Elgar! To Forest Hill to see Ros and quiet time at St John's. Now catching up on Planet Child. Buckingham Palace and Victoria and Albert's influence on British music. Liz arrived.
Tuesday swam and saw the manager. Henry played happily in the garden. Poulenc Dialogues of the Carmelites from the Met overwhelming and very moving. So relevant to today. Wonderful singing and the orchestra!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil