Sunshine and Grandma

I have been enjoying picnic lunches in Battersea Park. I have a favourite bench near the tropical garden where people sun themselves and one can enjoy the flowers and greet people. I saw my Buddhist friend today - she was away for the Nagasaki day ceremony. Saturday Louise rang to say Grandma had gone back into Mayday hospital with diverticulitis. They had bought her outfit for the wedding today. I served at mass and added her name (Violet George) to the prayer list.I reached the hospital just as she went up to the ward after 4 hours in casualty. It is only a week since she came home from there. In the ward is Mary Joyce who used to go to Addiscombe! Her fridge broke down last night and Liz has been painting the garage doors in the fine weather and clearing up at home. The Prom tonight was on TV so I recorded it. Colin Davis conducting the European Youth orchestra in Brahms 3 and Sibelius 5 - very fine. A good programme on British cinema followed but I dropped off!

Comments

Jane R said…
I hope your Grandma is soon in less pain and gets some good treatment -- very unpleasant this kind of illness is.
Thanks Jane she is in the right place! She's my mother-in-law (Violet George) the only surviving parent of ours and 89!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil