Friday and Dulwich college

Caroline rang in some distress - she will be off for a week and her mother has gone into hospital. Gillian has been great. Thursday I missed train at Selhurst at 6.48 but still did 30 lengths. Staff meeting still held despite Leo and Ryan not turning up! I was furious that they did not contact me. I left at 4 and after dinner, Liz and I went to the Old Library at Dulwich college for an organ recital by Norman Harper in aid of the new organ at All Saints West Dulwich. He plays very well and we knew Betty, Chris, Christian, Marilyn Harper, etc. The organ was given by Dr Thwaites (it was made by Jennings) and the donor insists that Bach's Passacaglia be played. the weakest item was "The new commonwealth" by Vaughan Williams. The Messiaen did not work well and I don't like it any way. There was some Mozart and Bonnet and John Reading's manuscript. Moel Rawsthrorne's Hornpipe Humoresque is good fun. Had a glass of wine and met a friend of Tom Creagh-Fuller's, Norman (?) Weaver. Friday 40 lengths and I was tired as I woke early and sent email photos and comments to Old Johannians as the internet was down. Also looked at the magnificent Canadian photos. We were down to 3 in the afternoon as Ryan yet again did not appear. To choir practice and the girls are doing well. we started work on Chilcott's "The marvellous birth" and discussed carols. I won a fine Oxford dictionary and thesaurus for doing the Tablet crossword - the first time I won I got wine!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil