St Ethelburga's

Swam 14 as I was late up - back bad but hot cushion and swimming helped a lot. Mosaic - the grey tiles I bought split in circular way which is not helpful! Tai chi - Tony back from holiday and 7 there. Tassos is good! To library to get reserved books - 2 McCall Smiths - hurrah! Home to change and then bus to Tulse Hill and to St Paul's cathedral for service of peace for St Ethelburga's. Lots there and met people from Greenbelt festival. 2 Muslims played the kora from Senegal and sang. Welcome by Giles Fraser. Story from Roi Gal-Or - unfortunately the echo was very bad on the sound system. Lovely singing by Amira Medunjanin from Sarajevo accompanied on the duduk from Armenia. Excellent address by the Bishop of London. I liked the prayers - Help me play my part in breaking the cycle of violence by realising that peace begins in me. Most amazingly the 8 part canon of Praetorius Jubilate Deo worked very well. Guy Bovet Salamanca made a suitable end. To Catenians - very good turnout including Willo and Del! But no enrolments this month! Chat to Duncan - Canon Collins is retiring at St Mary's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil