Al Henry

Did some reading after my swim (30) and Liz did some painting. To Al Henry's funeral at St Mary's - Liz took me and picked me up so I could change out of my suit. A remarkable man - although he was a Catenian I only met him once when I presented him with his 40 year scroll - a much loved GP who loved fast cars, fine wine, poetry and his family. His nephew from New York spoke very well and his barrister son as well. 4 good hymns but the organist stopped at every comma and played with no fluidity of style at all but at least it was accurate and in time! To Heythrop for library and Kim's second seminar. The lecture was by Tony Carroll on Marx and secularisation. Room very hot and glad of fresh air and a full moon at the break! To Acton. Wednesday Liz took Ciaran to music and I went to Southfields Gurdwara for interfaith group visit - 8 came and Jasbir was a delightful guide. Mr SIngh the priest was also there. My frst visit to a gurdwara and enjoyed it. I met Liz at Ladbroke Grove where a fortune was paid for her new glasses. We went to the park drop in and C enjoyed playing. Had to pick him up to get him out! Bus home to Acton and wished Louise a happy birthday and holiday in Cornwall. Trains to Putney library for farewell to Dave Ainsworth. If Julian attracted many faces from the past Dave attracted an earlier generation - Chris Mason, Joan Baldwin, Jackie, Margaret Merrall, Charlotte and John Winterborn. Paul McCue confided that he was the last director left. Liz stayed at Acton to go to confirmation catechist meeting on Thursday which in fact was on Wednesday! I returned home, swam 22 and settled down to reading articles Tony had given us. Listened to evensong from Westminster Abbey and watched Mixed Britannia on TV.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil