St George's cathedral

I am on the back page of the Catholic Herald leading the procession last week! On bus to St George's cathedral and a warm welcome from the Dean Canon John O'Toole. The men were singing and good to see Norman Harper, Nick Gale and Mark Johnson. The turn out of Catenians not that great - about 50. We were serving but took a back seat. The servers arrived at the last minute and there was no MC and they certainly need training! Shambolic! The plainchant was far too fast and the whole Mass felt rushed with no silences at all. I'm not sure I woudl want to repeat the experience and I only went because of our deceased brothers. We came home on the bus and I started work on my first essay. Evensong from Exeter (again!) At St John's we sang Coleridge-Taylor canticles and Bainton's "And I saw a new heaven". Terence has a crutch but recovering well from the hip operation. Watched Antiques roadshow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil