Alan Burtonshaw

Liz came to Alan's funeral and sang alto. The choir was augmented by members of the organists association and others and the Kontakion was great! I played reasonably well considering so many organists were listening and went to Beckenham crem where the organist played Bach well! Fr Paul was on great form and really inspiring. There were 70 people there and a nice lunch with wine. Met a man who knows Harry True a young organist so gave him my contact details. Read Dupuis and watched Come dine with me. Liz went to servers council and I went to police meeting for Croydon organised by Mayor for London. Leader of council chaired, deputy leader for London, deputy commander and borough commander presented the plans and invited questions. I said I was appalled that South Norwood station is to close leaving Croydon with only one station and more officers on the beat. Also New Scotalnd Yard is to close! Spoke to Steve Reed our M.P. and the borough commander. I offered to join a Safer neighbourhood panel for South Norwood. It seems our station is the most expensive to run in London and the cells are substandard. It seems all the Croydon stations are in poor state but he offered a tour of the new facilities which I accepted. One of the local councillors thanked me for my question and a lady asked me if I belonged to UKIP!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil