Prayers for peace

Did some more work on the Eckhart quotes. Set off early for the cathedral hall. I got a little peeved as it rapidly became clear that most of the team had not read the emails I had carefully prepared. I also had to insist that the welcome table could not go in front of the stairs! Katharina had allowed people into the hall long before the opening time but I insisted on briefing everybody at 4. Elizabeth O'Donohoe insisted on doing her own thing and Margaret Slynn was a liability.Jon Dal Din also tends to muddle through.  If asked to stay in one place why can't people do so? Any way it went off alright with lots of warm welcomes and gratifying how many people knew me and my emails! Nearly all the 100 guests came and I suppose there were around 220 there. The people filming arrived 5 minutes before kickoff! Marcin was doing photos. The actual prayers were done well and plenty of silences. Archbishop Kevn did well and I was particularly impressed by the Jewish and Muslim contributions.  The rosebush idea was good - we could not light candles! Health and safety rules. We eventually got the guests into the throne room at Archbishops' house and the Cardinal was charming. He not only recognised me but gave all the stewards a gift of a lovely book about the Vatican. Nice eats and cordial and good to chat to Jonathan Gorsky, Harriet Crabtree, Celia Blackden down from Leeds and lots more. A couple of people remarked that it was good to see us together! We were home by 9 and I dropped off watching Vicious! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil