2 proms

Swam 20. Liz went to Westfield about new glasses from Boots and got new Ecco shoes for me. I went to Bromley library and got everything except the Vaughan Williams - I suspect it was filed under Williams! I was asked to email my list in advance which did not work at Wandsworth! To Lakeland for peelers. To excellent discussion on Melbourne which made it sound a lot nicer than Sydney! Carmen Callil was rude about Australia's future because of the boat people situation and Paul Abbott's comments on Scotland. Melbourne like Glasgow to the beautiful Edinburgh and Sydney. Sydney is modern but it does have the harbour walks and ferries. The Melbourne SO is the oldest in Australia and Sir Andrew Davis conducted Strauss Don Juan, Elgar cello concerto with Truls Mórk (encore Britten) and Symphonie fantastique (encore Grainger). Liz did not make it. New sofas and comfortable sofa bed at Lou's and new fireplace has arrived and bathroom tiles. Wednesday decided to have a quiet day as Seán was coughing and runny nose. I took Ciarán to see "The Nut Job" at Watermans and we both laughed a lot. Liz went off to the Prom and I went when Lou and Tom got home. The boys were great and Sean had a long sleep. The West-Eastern Divan orchestra conducted by Barenboim played Mozart and Ravel (encores were Bizet heard on radio). Home to watch bakeoff - had a toddy as felt cold! 2 stewards who I did not know tried to get me to turn the torch off at the start of the Elgar which I refused to so and I have complained to the Hall about it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil