War Requiem

Only swam 14 and did my hydrotherapy exercises as my left knee was hurting. Woke up with the pain and dreaming about tonight's concert and a small choir doing an item beforehand! Collected my pictures from AgeUK and to coffee and cake at Ada and Sylvia's. They were delighted by the Faith, hope and love mosaic and Sylvia asked a lot of questions about Heythrop. She stood for Ashburton ward and lost by 8 votes because of UKIP - she is Conservative. To Elmers End to try and get castors for bedside cabinets and dropped in at the Manse to see Josie. She recognised us immediately. Excellent talk on Wilfred Owen but it was full and I was in the gallery so could not hear too well. War Requiem wonderful ending and long silence which moved me to tears and superb soloists Gritton and Spence. Not entirely happy with children's choir who should be boys only. Tenors where were you? Sanctus and Libera me could not hear you! Basses very good and great to have young singers. Simon Halsey where were the Ulster, Welsh, Aberdeen chorus masters? Conductor Nilssons and Birmingham forces  took Dies irae too slowly and no increase in tempo in Libera me. Britten always specifies everything so follow what he says please! An apology from the Albert hall about the stewards talkign to me about the torch during the Elgar and the stewards this evening were very pleasant! Email to Canon Christopher about our photo not appearing in Oremus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil