Baby sitting

Swam 20 and got parcel from post office depot having gone once already without passport. Cleaned water features and put in algae control and cleaner. Lou arrived with the boys around 1 p.m. so that had given chance to tidy up and move things higher! Sean got bubble stuff in the otter feature so lots of foam. He also enjoyed the bird bath water. We cleaned up the play house stuff, They played track and watched DVDs. After the meal I went to the Hall for Mahler 2 -too late for the Martin Amis interview which I heard on the radio. Met one of the Philharmonia tenors and he confirmed Chris, David, Edward and Andrew were still singing. On checking the list I could see no soprano from our days, 3 altos and 4 basses. So Stephan has purged the lot! They joined with the Swedish radio choir and it was a good sound. Daniel Harding dared pp and all the ingredients were there but it seemed to hang fire. I used the score without the torch as I was sitting on the other side - large crowd there. The chief steward was very friendly and no problem. Just be aware we do get complaints about the torch. Why don't people moan about those who walk about so much? Home quickly as I got 452 straight away. I suppose my view will always be tinged by the fact that Mahler 2 was the last concert I sang with the Philharmonia and I expect a very high standard from the strings and the horns made some bloopers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil