Pastoral

Liz dropped me at church. She got in late from the late night Prom which apparantly was fascinating - it did not impress in radio! I played Webber and Gade on Lobe den Herren, also Frank Bridge and Dad and Healey Willan on Bishopthorpe, Home for quick lunch and got to the hall early as a result. At Victoria a C2 bus splashed me so I spoke to the driver "Look at me, all because you drove too fast through that puddle" "I'm sorry about that" was the reply. When we got to the hall I went in the disabled loo and used the drier to dry off stripping off everything! I couldn't get the socks dry. Mary King on the War Requiem. A pity she did not cover more of the music and I dropped off at the end during the CD.
 Tea at the RGS travel photographer and picnic in the park. Excellent discussion on the lost generation. I commented about the poor being unable to go to graves in France but forgot to mention family names like Worley dying out. Helen Dunmore and Stephen Heffer were the speakers. The Prom was lovely. BBCSSO conducted by Andrew Manze - Stephan, Kelly, Butterworth sung by Roderick Williams and RVW pastoral symphony. Saw Rebecca, Adrian and Terence fresh from the 3 choirs and Chris Hollis and David. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil