Jim Grainger

To Battersea library for Jim's retirement after 49 years! Amazing turnout of old faces and a black and white 1967 film was shown taken at West Hill. It was all so formal in those days - too many staff overmanaged amd of course fiddles went on. Some got away with leaving early or going to the park there were plenty to cover! Lovely to see Robin and tell him we were following him to Galapagos and how much the boys liked his book. He is now teaching. My successor at York now teaches drama! Chris and Gill were there and Anne Walker. Lots of nostalgia! I missed the cathedral group for the first time ever but I do feel better. RIta tells me only 5 came. Carol brought the new church key. I have rewritten the article about Jerusalem using Shohel and David's comments. Cleaner is here so up in study listening to glorious Schutz. Liz on babysitting alone! Snakes and ladders. My Outlook will not open so I must now reconstruct somehow my email networks for interfaith and spirituailty! Watched Monteverdi in Mantua with the Sixteen and Simon Russell Beale.We saw his grave in Venice. Great programme on the Duke of Wellington and a canal trip.Listened to stunnig CD of music for BBC Earth Africa by Sarah Class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil