Nostra aetate

At evensong we sang Eyre in D and Bairstow Blessed city. The prayers were rather long and although Adrian gave me a lift to Crystal Palace station I missed the train but got to Finchley a bit late. JW3 is most impressive and there was a good audience for the discussion chaired by Ed Kessler with Rabbi David Rosen and Archbishop Kevin. I asked a question about how few Catholics and Jews knew the document and was described as a champion of interfaith! William advised going to Finchley and Frognal which was much closer than West Hampstead so quickly to Willesden but then had to get a replacement bus to Acton. Louise had forgotten I was coming! Monday took Ciaran over to Issy's. Cleaner came and so I left and had coffee at JW3. Good turnout and several people I know for the 2 seminars - particularly liked the rabbi who had been in Sydney and of course Michael Barnes who I complimented as the best teacher ever! He said afterwards "you naughty man" but these things should be said. I spoke about conversations and a couple of people took the cards. Chatted to Andrew Wingate and Michael Redman and of course William Rhind. It really was a marvellous CCJ event. Watched VE day service from the Abbey. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil