Ivor Smith-Cameron

To Christ Church Streatham for the eucharist to celebrate Ivor Smith-Cameron's 60th anniversary of ordination. A remarkable assembly of friends including Andrew Wilson, Harry Bramma, Siriol and Chennai trip friends. Nice lunch and met people I used to know at Battersea Park library. Met Franciscan Fr John from Bradford. Came home and then to cathedral to put out leaflets about interfaith group and deliver letter. Saw George and Jerry. George was friendly and introduced me to his sister. Saw Rebecca and I came away - my blood pressure was definitely up and I felt tightness in my chest! To Holy Apostles Pimlico - nice Italian young priest, electronic organ for the hymns, 4 servers who did not acknowledge the altar at all! Saw Maureen and Freddie. Sean and Ciaran stayed overnight. I slept with Sian who woke at 5.30 with nappy down and bed wet! He went back to sleep OK. Just 11 in church this morning/ I played Bairstow and Statham on Veni Emmanuel, Peeters on Conditor alme and Les Cloches. Noisy laughter and chat again! 3 p.m. 14 kids and 20 adults for nativity. Most carols were 2 verses so only 35 minutes in all! Tea afterwards. I played some Noels. A splendid lessons and carols at St John Upper Norwood this evening - the big sing being in front of the screen we got lots of organ. Great to sing Rachmaninov Bogoridtse. Christmas always brings back happy memories of so many carol services. My own contribution this year is much simpler than in previous years. Those who rejoice with us on another shore join in with us! Watched Sports personality of the year. Joseph won The Apprentice! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil