Augustine Hoey

Woke at 3am yesterday no wonder I dropped off during Finding Vincent! 4 am today - Liz has a bad cough. Ciaran spoke so well at assembly and it was all about baptism. The singing is much better. To Field's for eggs Benedict delicious. A great sendoff at the cathedral for Mgr Augustine Hoey who was 100. Faure requiem, Jerusalem the golden, Let all mortal flesh, Tell out my soul, Widor Toccata. To Courtauld to see Soutine portraits and drawings. Follia really are an excellent ensemble thanks to Yat-Soon Yeo for telling us about the St Mary at Hill concert Telemann in Paris. No doubt that Telemann stands head and shoulders above his contemporaries except Bach and Handel. Very glad that Paul allowed us both to serve and I was book and Liz was mitre. The Cardinal and Fr Alexander thanked me. I dashed off to see Mary Goggins at Mount St but they want to charge by the hour which is a shame. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil