Beauty

I warmed to the new Mander organ at St Mary Merton Park after a while. Lunch at Elys. Fine organ at St Mary's Wimbledon village. Rather a lot of walking. The Mass at Anerley for feast of St Simon and St Jude was for Canon Gerald Coates RIP long a member of Society of St Gregory and a wonderful man. His funeral is Nov 9 at noon Arundel cathedral.. Why do some organ teachers tell students not to wear shoes? It is so dangerous and Peter Hurford is adamant that shoes improve your pedalling. Daniel Cook from Durham cathedral played superbly at Bloomsbury Baptist - Parry, Byrd, Elgar Prelude and Angel's farewell from Gerontius (one of my favourites) and Bairstow. I was sorry to miss the Howells and Willan. Piccolo Lasso from Dublin sang beautifully at the cathedral Bodley Mass and Welsey Love one another. fr Michael was chatting about Hereford and Fr Michael Quaqoe is back from Ghana. Furious that it appeared that the cassocks I had taken off the rack for replacement had been put back. I put up notices about mobile phones and hanging up cassocks. Jerry took one down so I reinstated it. I was not pleased.
Watched Pluscarden and Downside meditations. Watched part of tribute to Jacqueline Du Pre. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil