Dilemmas

Woke early. Bruce left at 5 a.m. It was lovely to see him. 2 dilemmas have been resolved. At church Margaret spoke about the incident last Sunday evening. She was the one who commented that we did not want people like A in our church! I pointed out that the doors were wide open and we had to welcome everybody whatever their views. Also that I could not control the behaviour of people joining the choir. I agree that A did have a go at Jerry but I don't think she was rude. Annoyed at the cleaner's behaviour and the lack of publicity for evensong but not rude. Her timing was not great! Any way I complimented Jerry on his sermon on the vineyard and welcome and he commented on Facebook about it too. I played well too after the boost from Belmont.
I now have a speaker for Oct 18th to replace Sheikh Ramzy. Qaisra Khan has kindly agreed to come and speak on mental health and spirtuality/faith. "How our faith can contribute to our wellbeing" This will be on Wednesday October 18th at 4 p.m. in the Hinsley Room, Morpeth Terrace. 
She writes "I am involved in South London Interfaith group, Westminster Interfaith group and an admin for Christian Muslim Forum. I have also been doing  London Human Stories for a few years. I work in mental health as a spiritual care workers/chaplain since 2004 and studied theology (History and Archaelogy) in Wales and Islam in London. I have taught Islam at St Mary's in Twickenham."
Sounds great! 
The Catenian problem continues to bother me. I cannot alter the letter to Brendan and print it off until Word is reinstated. It is of course a good idea to wait when annoyed. I still think I am right to make a stand on the way I have been treated by the circle. I am too often a lone voice and a lone visitor. I know we are a small group and transferring could damage that. It is interesting that Philip was the only one from the circle to reply to the invite to our party  - he was unwell and could not come. But why did nobody else comment on it or apologise? 
Very nice message from Fr Adrian who could not come and Fr Stuart would have enjoyed it. We had 40 there. Fr David enjoyed it. I managed to speak to everybody and did an off the cuff speech. The Gallery Prommers were there in strength. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil