Wallace collection

To art and cake and photos from the party much appreciated. The Bowes museum Spanish paintings at the Wallace collection are splendid especially the El Greco having recently been in the Prado and Toledo. Cannot say the same about Jasper Johns at Royal Academy. The new loos are a great improvement! I did not go to Dali\Duchamp as I can't stand the Surrealists.Super evensong with combined cathedral and Abbey choirs at Westminster Abbey Victoria and Schutz. Very inspiring to see the boys so close. Peter Stevens played the Durufle Toccata brilliantly. Good turnout from the cathedral and I told the Dean SSG will be there tomorrow. John East and Marko there. Some bod tried to stop me sitting in the 4th row with cathedral folk so I told him why I was sitting there and that I had been to the Abbey before. He said lots of people have not. Later he beetled off to the choir. Very officious. Redid letter to Brendan. Watched Simon Reeve in Russia and Bake off extra slice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil