Owen and Boulanger

I was expecting a morning working on my spirituality day talks and I have done some work on them but also done a Youth matters Catenian report. I went to CALAT Zion Road to see the art. Georgina Godwin's version of the Finnish painting better than mine. I really think Thornton Heath Arts Week should combine all the art at the library next year. CML to return reserved score and pick up one more. To Peter Jones to change buttons for poppies. To the Serpentine gallery to see the London Mustaba and the Sackler gallery. Tomma Abts' paintings very calming. Intriguing idea to float such a large object on the Serpentine. In a way I wish it were a pyramid. I thought Frida Escobado's concrete pavilion ratehr dull compared to previous years - after all it supposed to be a fun space. On the way out of the park they were filming and I saw Lucy Worsley so I said I enjoyed her programmes on TV and thanked her for which she thanked me and smiled. Very intrigued by the talk on Morfydd Owen Welsh female composer who died young in 1918. Great to hear Stuart Burrows singing one of her songs.Gorgeous Lili Boulanger pieces at the Prom. What a loss to die so young. Mendelssohn piano concerto no. 1 followed by On wings of song. Such delicate virtuosity from Bertrand Chamayou what a technique! And so musical. Lovely Nocturne by Morfydd Owen and Schumann 4 but if this was the original version where was the guitar? Bravo BBC national orch of Wales and Thomas Sondergard. Secrets of the National Trust on TV. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil