First lunch out in 4 months

Liz came to Caterham with me. Earlier sung morning prayer from Walsingham and in the car we heard Leeds cathedral choirs for Year of the word. I recorded Elgar on my phone. I played Chanson de Matin. 2 Enigma variations, Mendelssohn 6 slow movement and Smith Meditation. Oscar turned up early expecting to sing Brian was surprised. I was more relaxed and chatted to Jerry = he is keen to sing again. We then went to The Fox Coulsdon common - it felt very safe and we enjoyed calimari, roast beef and chocolate brownie. £64. Watched Figaro from the Met it was very funny 2014, set in the 1930s. Zoom 9 there. TV Beethoveniana dancing nice but I don't see the point. Birmingham SO Mirta Be 5, Stravinsky violin con, stupid Barry Canada piece(I hated this before), lovely encores. Air on the G string. Missa solemnis conducted Harnoncourt - not much legato, one soprano in chorus sticking out, soprano soloist had some strange notes. Prefer Giulini. Sad to learn Balatsch died in May aged 92. 
Mondy Fisher house listened to Jonas Kaufmann recital we paid for. Prom of Beethoven and Reger. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil