Gounod

I had a dream about the blind organist David Aprahamian Liddle and wondered how he got that name. His website is charming and I can recall Felix Aprahamian at recitals and his comments in Musical Times. David chose to make Aprahamian his second name. Fisher House Mass. Today's opera from the Met is Gounod Romeo et Juliette conducted by Domingo with Alagna and Netrebko and Robert Lloyd as the Friar! The Tablet last week has an excellent article on the drive in Turkey to convert to mosques. I was alarmed to read that the Kariye museum is now a mosque I visited in 2008 and the Byzantine mosaics are superb. Hagia Sophia is by no means the first - there has been much destruction of precious heritage. Good to see Adrian and Lynn Baker at zoom. My mic would not work. Leigh and Peter did not get invite. Good to see Adrian and Lynn Baker at zoom. My mic would not work. Leigh and Peter did not get invite. LMP Vivaldi 4 seasons with Jennifer Pike in Oxford. LSO have done a live concert with audience! Yorkshire farm and Cambrian railway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas letter

Vigil